What's the difference between shaken baby syndrome and an epileptic seizure?

Huge difference. Shaken baby syndrome is a complex of intrabrain and retinal hemorrhages from hitting, hard shaking and head banging of a (usually) crying infant to try and shut them up. It is a serious form of child abuse. Seizures are due to electrical disturbance of the brain which can be from tumors, malformations, vascular lesions or simply no known cause. It is an accident and not due to abuse.
Not the same. An epileptic seizure is relatd to electrical discahrges from an area of cells in the brain that is asynchronus. Shaken baby syndrom is from traumatic brain injury as the head is shaken back and forth with the brain being distorted and hitting against the bones of the skull.