Is there something wrong with me if I don't feel like I am bonding with my baby?

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz

Immediately after birth you might be exhausted, emotionally depleted or medicated.
Within the first few days you should start to bond. Bonding might be impeded by a sharp hormonal decline, post partum blues. But if this is prolonged or severe you may have post partum depression. This condition needs to be attended to. Call your obstetrician or a post partum hotline if available in your state.

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: No

No, not at all. This is not all that uncommon with parents after birth of a child.
However, this may represent anything from mild, normal anxiety and worry about having a baby all the way to full blown postpartum depression. Talk this over with your doctor asap to discuss any issues that you may be having. And of course if you feel like you may hurt your baby at anytime, ask for help asap.

In brief: No

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Jonathan Jassey