Will the child psychiatrist, pediatrician or child psychologist visit the child's school? 

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
It is not unusual for a child psychologist, especially one who specializes in educational psychology, to visit a child's classroom to observe the the child, the child's interactions, and the learning environment.
The need for a visit is largely dependent upon the diagnosis or suspected diagnosis.

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Leonard Spishakoff
Addiction Medicine
In brief: No
But will contact the school nurse and teacher if permission obtained so as to assist in determination of classes and if he or she needs to main streamed or in smaller and supervised classrooms.

In brief: No
Dr. Leonard Spishakoff
Dr. Leonard Spishakoff
Dr. Howard Gurr
It has been my experience that some schools will allow outside clinicians to visit classrooms and others will not give permission. The schools that refuse, claim having an outside professional in a classroom violates the privacy of the other students. I am not sure they have a leg to stand on with that position, but it is important to check with the school administration for approval to visit.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey