If my child was diagnosed with adhd, what foods should I avoid giving him?

Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Stimulant foods
Avoid chocolate and caffeine to minimize side effects and minimize doses of medications needed for treatment.

In brief: Stimulant foods
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice
In brief: Depends
Sugar can affect behavior. Allergies do too.
Finding the foods that trigger each person can be done by allergy skin testing one allergen at a time. Many say sugar doesn't do this but too much sugar causes reactive low blood sugar which causes the release of adrenaline which can cause behavior and focus problems.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Leonard Spishakoff
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Balanced diet
There is no evidence that adhd is caused or worsened by foods, some research has shown omega -3 fatty acids to be of help as also this can be used in bipolar disease.

In brief: Balanced diet
Dr. Leonard Spishakoff
Dr. Leonard Spishakoff
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Recent report should statistical evidence for omega-3 in ADHD
Dr. Cindy Juster