We are traveling with my asthmatic child. What if he still has an attack despite using an inhaler?

Asthma. Does your child only use albuterol? If your child is having that many asthma 'attacks' then your child should be on 'controller/preventative' medication such as inhaled steroid or singulair (montelukast). Before you travel and if your child is needing to use albuterol more than 3 times a week, then you should see your doctor.