Barber use hair clipper machine with blood on it of previous client to make me bald.On scalp i had open wounds & open bleeding pimples.Hiv, hep c risk?

Dr. Patrick Williams
General Practice

In brief: Possible

In general it requires a fairly large innoculum to acquire HIV or hep c from a procedure such as a close haircut.
There are no relevant case reports in the literature that I have found of such a transmission. You should require anyone performing any procedures on your body to use appropriate, clean (sterile) equipment.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Patrick Williams
Dr. Patrick Williams
Dr. Nathaniel Drourr
Pain Management

In brief: Unlikely but check

Fairly unlikely, hep c significantly higher risk than hiv.
To be sure pls get it checked.

In brief: Unlikely but check

To be sure pls get it checked.
Dr. Nathaniel Drourr
Dr. Nathaniel Drourr
Pathology

In brief: WHAT happened?

Is there a misunderstanding? How did you discover there was blood from the previous customer on the clippers? Fibrin seals hemorrhage very quickly and makes the actual exchange of blood near-impossible.
Did the barber actually cut you and cause you to bleed? Are your pimples visibly hemorrhaging while you're in the barber's chair? Exchange of blood at the barber's is extremely unlikely.

In brief: WHAT happened?