Is methylphenidate addictive?

Yes. Methylphenidate is a common medicine used for the treatment of add and adhd. Used appropriately and under the watchful eye of a physician, the medication is very effective. However, this medication, like many others in its class, can be addictive if not used appropriately. The addiction is both physiologic and psychologic.
Yes. Ritalin (methylphenidate) on the whole is addicting. Some forms have less street value, and they have less potential to be found in an accessible version. I try to prescribe Concerta or a Ritalin (methylphenidate) la version of methylphenydate, as the drug is situated in a matrix and more difficult for addicts to obtain pure methylphenydate. Still with enough work, those people who try can become addicted to methyphenidate.
Yes. Like any substance that rewards the brain the potential for addiction in polygeneticallly and environmentally susceptible individuals will exist.
Yes. Methylphenidate is a drug of abuse and may be habit-forming. If used improperly, one may become addicted.