Is it true that a child inherits his or her father's eye color?

Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Ophthalmology

In brief: Father and Mother

As far as I am aware, eye color is inherited by mendelian genetics, which means mothers and fathers genetic input are equally involved in the phenotype (outward appearance) typically, brown eyes are dominant to blue eyes, so with one parent brown and one blue, child will most often have brown.
With recessive genes like blue eyes, it is even possible for two brown eyes parents to have a blue eyed.

In brief: Father and Mother

Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Dr. Theodore Wu
There are some eye medications, such as latanoprost, that can change eye color...
Dr. Shontae Buffington