If a woman has genital warts and she is pregnant, how easy is it for the baby to get it?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Baby can get it
If a baby is born vaginally, there is a chance of contracting the virus.
However, that is not a reason to have a cesarean delivery. It is best to discuss your baby's risk with your OB doctor. I am going to ask baby and throat specialists to comment also.

In brief: Baby can get it
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
In brief: Genital warts
The baby would only be exposed to gential warts, caused by the hpv virus, during delivery.
There are reports of babies developing laryngeal warts which are caused by the same virus, but it is extremely rare.

In brief: Genital warts
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Jonathan Jassey