I'm pregnant and have been exposed to mrsa. What could MRSA do to my baby?

In brief: Not a risk

You are exposed to MRSA every day & don't know it.
Door handles, banisters, shopping carts, floors, countertops, all are common sites for this and other COMMON germs. MRSA has been around for decades and is oversold as a "bad" germ by talking heads on TV. It is responsible for >60% of common outpatient pustules drained in the office.There are lots of other germs I worry more about during pregnancy

In brief: Not a risk

Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: MRSA

Mrsa stands for methicillin resistant staph aureus.
It is a resistant strain of staph. Being exposed to MRSA doesn't mean you will get it. Being exposed to MRSA doesn't hurt your baby. Prevent getting MRSA by washing your hands regularly.

In brief: MRSA

Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Claude Parola

In brief: Probably nothing

If you were sucessfully treated for MRSA , you are not very sick with this bacteria in your blood stream and if you are not colonized with it, there is no danger to your baby, if you are colonized with the bacteria, your baby may become colonized also due to close contact with he/her, always wash your hands before feeding your baby.

In brief: Probably nothing

Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Jane Van Dis