I'm pregnant and have been exposed to mrsa. What could MRSA do to my baby?

Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: MRSA
Mrsa stands for methicillin resistant staph aureus.
It is a resistant strain of staph. Being exposed to MRSA doesn't mean you will get it. Being exposed to MRSA doesn't hurt your baby. Prevent getting MRSA by washing your hands regularly.

In brief: MRSA
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Claude Parola
In brief: Probably nothing
If you were sucessfully treated for MRSA , you are not very sick with this bacteria in your blood stream and if you are not colonized with it, there is no danger to your baby, if you are colonized with the bacteria, your baby may become colonized also due to close contact with he/her, always wash your hands before feeding your baby.

In brief: Probably nothing
Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham