I'm 9 months pregnant. I feel my unborn baby has way too many hiccups.?

Dr. Anna Meyer
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Very common
Babies have hiccups a lot in utero, and then can have a lot after! i would not be worried.

In brief: Very common
Dr. Anna Meyer
Dr. Anna Meyer
In brief: Get used to it
Hiccups are thought to be triggered by an electronic event passing through the babies breathing muscle triggered by rubbing the nearby stomash.
This is common in some infants.Those that do in the womb usually continue during the first weeks/months after birth.It generally stops when the baby grows longer, separating the stomach from the breathing muscle.Frustrating but harmless.

In brief: Get used to it
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Let's ask Peds/ENT
I am going to share this with the doctors who know babies about the size of yours --pediatric ENT and general ENT and peds.

In brief: Let's ask Peds/ENT
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Cindy Juster