I helped my child warm up for baseball by throwing as hard as I could. Now my shoulder and arm has hurt for 3 weeks.?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Rotator cuff
Rotator cuff tendinitis would be the most likely cause of your symptoms.
Home treatment can include rest, ice and anti-inflammatories for 7-10 days. If not improving, then time to see a doctor.

In brief: Rotator cuff
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Scott Slattery
Sports Medicine
In brief: Soft tissue injury
As you probably learned, throwing as hard as you can, can hurt your shoulder, especially if you are not warmed up, your shoulder is not in shape for throwing and you are older. The injury possibilities include capsule and rotator cuff strain with possible tear, labral injury and bursitis.
If it's not getting better it's time to see a shoulder doc.

In brief: Soft tissue injury
Dr. Scott Slattery
Dr. Scott Slattery
Dr. Mandakini Patel
In brief: Shoulder pain
You need to see your docotr asap as the pain is ongoing for 3 weeks.
You need to make sure that you have not tore your shoulder capsule or if you have tendinosis. You may need physical therapy.

In brief: Shoulder pain
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Jonathan Jassey