I don't have periods because my hormones are off balance. What should I take to have a chance to have a baby?

Dr. Philip Chenette
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Fertility treatment

Fertility treatment is often a very effective route to pregnancy in women with hormone imbalance.
Treatment requires a careful assessment of sperm, uterus, ovaries, and hormone dynamics, so best to consult with a specialist in the field. Reproductive endocrinology and infertility is the specialty that emphasizes fertility treatment. Gynecologists and urologists are also helpful consultants.

In brief: Fertility treatment

Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Healthy lifestyle

You should try to eat a healthy diet, avoid tobacco, and keep alcohol minimal to moderate.
Staying close to your ideal weight, or losing weight, is helpful for many women with endocrine fertility problems. There is no special diet, vitamin, or supplement to fix endocrine problems. A doctor familiar with fertility should be able to talk with you about whether prescription drugs may help.

In brief: Healthy lifestyle

Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Shontae Buffington