How to treat cold symptoms for my 13 month old baby?

In brief: Supportive

Make him as comfortable as possible, make sure he is drinking.
Suction his nose with saline drops to help him breathe better and run a humidifier at night so he can sleep better, kids that are congested tend to mouth breathe and if the air is dry their throat hurts. If he has a low grade fever avoid giving him Acetaminophen or ibuprofen, a little fever helps your immune system rid him of the virus.

In brief: Supportive

Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
2 comments
Dr. Martin Raff
Wonderful and correct advice given in a straight-forward, easily understood manner. Agree entirely with Dr. Ruiz-Healy.
Dr. Nguyen Nguyen
I agree too, I just want to add that our goal is to help your baby feel comfortable, so if the fever is high enough to make her fussy and uncomfortable, you should consult with your doctor to get the correct dose of fever reducer to help her.