How can you tell if a child has the measles rash?

Typical symptoms. Within seven to 14 days after getting infected with the measles, the first symptoms will appear. The earliest symptoms feel like a cold or the flu, with a fever, cough, runny nose, and sore throat. Often the eyes get red and runny. Three to five days later, a red or reddish-brown rash forms and spreads down the body from head to foot. 2-3 days later you may start to see tiny spots inside the mouth.
Measles. Measles signs and symptoms appear seven to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Signs and symptoms of measles typically include:fever, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat, inflamed eyes (conjunctivitis), sensitivity to light, tiny white spots with bluish-white centers found inside the mouth on the inner lining of the cheek, called koplik's spots, a skin rash made up of large, flat blotches.