How can I make my sperm inactive for a year, because my wife wants a baby and i'm not ready for one?

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Talk to your wife

I know this is an obvious answer but talk to your wife - you are both "not on the same page".
Many partners have concerns about being ready for a baby, it's time to talk to each other honestly but respectfully. If we had an effective, safe 'male pill' would you take it without telling her? This is an important issue to deal with in your relationship, seek counseling if needed. Best wishes.

In brief: Talk to your wife

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. James Kuan
Urology

In brief: You can't

Options: abstinence, rhythm method, condoms, birth control pill, iud.
Best advice is to spend some time discussing this with your wife to determine what is right for both of you as potential parents.

In brief: You can't

Dr. James Kuan
Dr. James Kuan
Dr. Shontae Buffington