How bad does a child's asthma need to be in order to have Pulmicort respules used?

In brief: Routine for toddlers

I commonly use Budesonide respules with bronchospasm in infants as young as 6m or so.
I use it as a preventative agent in infants & toddlers & switch to hand held inhalers by 4-6 depending on the skills of the kid.If a kid needs nebulized bronchodilators in this age range, they can use the budesonide. It is much less total steroid burden on the child's g&d & immune system than pulsed oral steroids.

In brief: Routine for toddlers

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Asthma

Severity os a significant component.
But if you have to ask the question, then you really should see an asthma specialist to make that decision for you. Better to treat and be safe, then pay the price (expense and worry) of a late night visit to the urgent care.

In brief: Asthma

Severity os a significant component.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Paul Carter
Any child with asthma symptoms needs to be evaluated by a physician. Symptoms that occur more than 1 time per week, wake the child from sleep at night, or require a visit to a doctor would necessitate a controller drug like Pulmicort.
Dr. Shontae Buffington