Could I make homemade testosterone gel?

Yes, but... It is possible to acquire ingredients from chemical distributors to make your own testosterone preparations. This can be extremely hazardous to your health as there would be no quality controls unless you are a professional in compounding medications. Also, your body can turn testosterone into estrogen unless you know how to manage it. Buying compounded testosterone is fairly inexpensive and safe.
Not recommended... Unlike TV shows eg Breaking Bad, we don't recommend concocting your own medications. The most change we might agree to is to cut a tablet in half (assuming it's scored to allow this) or crush some meds, but not all, if you have difficulty swallowing. Be sure to check with ur doc & pharmacist before crushing tablets & pills etc as some are only designed to be taken "as is". Don't cut most patches.