Can the length of my period be permanently affected after having a baby?

Dr. Thomas Riney

In brief: Temporarily

Your period should return to normal in a few months, but factors like breast feeding, nutrition and smoking can alter the duration and interval.

In brief: Temporarily

Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Not likely

It is clear that pregnancy alters hormone levels.
.And it may take awhile to return to normal. My experience with hormone dysfunction being helped with chinese medicine and acupuncture is phenomenal and i would encourage you to see help from an acupuncturist. It will help you return to normal. Permanently is a big word and I do not believe your periods have to be affected permanently.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz