Can having mono as a child have any bad effect you when you are an adult?

In brief: You tell me
Most people have mono as a kid when it is mild & not distinguishable from most common viruses they get.
They grow up and have normal lives.The few unlucky enough to get it as pre-teens/teens or adults have a more intense experience due to their well established immune response, but still recover & have a normal life.The "myth" circulated about a chronic mono syndrome was debunked by the CDC.

In brief: You tell me
Dr. Willam Lau
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: No
Mono or mononucleosis is normally a self limited viral disease of children or adolescents without sequellae, and you usually do not get it again, even if you are an adult.

In brief: No
Dr. Willam Lau
Dr. Willam Lau
Dr. Shontae Buffington