Can you tell me if i could walk into a hospital and ask to see a doctor for depression or any other mental problem?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: You could, but

Barring emergencies, the best setting for treatment of depression is actually an outpatient clinic.
This setting allows you to develop a relationship with your psychiatrist and/or psychotherapist over time. With this, effective treatment can be provided and allow gradual improvement. However if suicidal, you may well need a hospital.

In brief: You could, but

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Margret Rose Dellosso
There are many community mental health clinics that take walk in's so try that instead of an Emergency rooms ERs don't typically have a psychiatrist or psychologist in the emergency room.You Can also call your insurance company for referrals and ask them to help you find a same day appointment, I agree that if you are suicidal, go to the ER now and they will stabilize you and find you a dr.
Dr. Eric Weisman