Can you tell me if I could trust an EKG and chest xray?

Yes. You can trust an EKG and a CXR for what they are worth. They are fairly simple, inexpensive, rapid tests to answer fairly simple questions, however they certainly have limited diagnostic yield in some situations and lack high sensitivities and specificities for diagnosing certain conditions. .
Not sure??? Hard to say what you mean by this -- ekg's and chest xrays are not 100% accurate. They help physicians make a diagnosis -- they do not make a diagnosis in and of themselves. An analogy would be a well digging machine -- it can dig a well, but can only dig it properly when someone trained is using it. So ekg's sometimes can be incorrect, or as we put it, "false negative or false positive.".