At what age can a child start wearing contact lenses responsibly?

Dr. Glenn Pomerance
Ophthalmology
In brief: Varies by gender
In my experience girls mature more quickly than boys and typically can wear contacts responsibly at 10-12 years of age.
Although some boys can do so, in my experience, most do better if you wait till 14-15! sorry guys!

In brief: Varies by gender
Dr. Glenn Pomerance
Dr. Glenn Pomerance
Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Ophthalmology
In brief: Usually 11-14
This depends on the maturity level and ability to handle responsibility of the individual patient.
Commonly, girls may be ready to start wearing contact lenses at age 11-13 and boys 12-14, rarely even earlier. It is very important to follow all the recommendations regarding insertion, removal, cleaning, and wearing time for the contacts as advised by the eye care professional.

In brief: Usually 11-14
Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Dr. Shontae Buffington