Are there any special schools just for autistic children?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: There are private

schools for kids with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
The U.S. Individuals with Disabilities Education Act grants every child a free & appropriate education in the least restrictive setting. Placement of a child with ASD depends on degree of autism + presence or absence & severity of Intellectual Disability & disruptive behaviors. Special public schools exist for more impaired students.

In brief: There are private

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Enrique Madrigal-segura
I believe some insurance coverage is available for ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis), which can be transitioned to school, although this is still not quite providing adequate coverage. Some of my ASD kids have been helped significantly with a "shadow", supervised by this MD and meetings with school personnel complements this plan.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

Unfortunately they are extremely expensive and well beyond the means of most families.
Public schools have some arrangements but in my view they are quite inadequate. If you have an autistic child, search for a doc who is a member of defeat autism now! the hq is in san diego.

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale