What to do if I have breast and armpit lump and pain?

Exam and mammogram. Hello, if you have a new breast lump, it needs to be evaluated by your primary doctor and you may need a mammogram or ultrasound for evaluation. If it is truly a new hard lump it needs to be biopsied, but pain by itself may not be anything worrisome. Some cancers cause pain, others don't, so pain is not a very reliable symptom. .