What can I eat if I a broken mandible?

Dr. John Hoffmann
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Ask your surgeon
There are many kinds of mandible fractures and there are different treatments for each kind.
Some need surgery some just a soft diet. Ask your surgeon what is right for you.

In brief: Ask your surgeon
Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management
In brief: Liquids and soft
A broken mandible requires prompt medical attention because of the risk of breathing problems or bleeding.
If the jaw is wired already, you can only drink liquids or eat very soft foods.

In brief: Liquids and soft
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Depends
Depends on whether or not your fracture has been repaired.
And if so, are you wired or plated? If wired, just liquids. If plated or treated without plate or wire, non-chew diet. For detailed instructions, see oral surgeon

In brief: Depends
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia