I have to get a lymph node biopsy. Will I be able to go to work the very next day?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Generally yes

This is often an out-patient surgery, and depending upon the location of the lymph node and the extent of exploration necessary, you should be able to work the next day, although you might need some mild pain control for local discomfort at the site biopsied.
If this is a needle biopsy you will probably not need anything.

In brief: Generally yes

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Surgical?Not So Much

The recovery from a lymph node biopsy is dependent upon the location of the lymph node and the biopsy method.
A needle biopsy under local anesthesia...You can work the same day. A sentinel ln biopsy for breast cancer...Most of my patients are pretty sore the next day...Waiting 2-3 days to return to work would be advisable.

In brief: Surgical?Not So Much

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen