Why should I take the vitamin folate (folic acid)?

Unless. There is a stron history of familial colon cancer. Then supplementation with filicide acid has benny of benefit.
If you are pregnant. Then it can help prevent a specific class of spinal cord defects called "neural tube defects." if you are not pregnant, then eating a good and balanced diet will likely provide the Folic Acid you need.
Epigenomes. Epigenetics would be the key to silencing illness in the body which might be the future of medicine. Methylation is what makes us stay young and due to cooking we lose these methylation ability. There are 4 vitamins that enhances methylation and turn on epigenomes they are 1. Choline, 2.Betaine, 3. Folic acid, 4. B12 so Folic Acid plays a major role in helping us reverse aging and stay healthy.