Who does lumbar sympathetic block?

See below. Lumbar sympathetic blocks are usually performed by a pain medicine physician trained in interventional procedures.
Sympathetic block. A lumbar sympathetic block is an injection of local anesthetic around the sympathetic nerves. This injection is usually done under fluoroscopic guidance by pain specialist.
Nerves near spine. A lumbar sympathetic block involves injection of local anesthetic onto the sympathetic nerves that rest on the front of the lumbar vertebral bodies. The local anesthetic should disrupt sympathetically-mediated pain pathways traveling from the lower extremity to the spinal cord.