I have HIV and lipodystrophy around my belly, but even worse around my neck. Any help?

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Lipodystrophy

And Egrifta (tesamorelin) does help.
I use it often in my HIV population (90% of my patients are hiv). I agree with the otehr doctor about liposuction...But its hard to get the insurance companies to pay for it.

In brief: Lipodystrophy

And Egrifta (tesamorelin) does help.
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Not much

Lipodystrophy can be one of the disturbing complications of HIV disease and/or its treatment.
For disfiguring manifestations of this would consult with a plastic surgeon. Several of my patients have undergone liposuction. Egrifta, (tesamorelin) approved in nov 2010 has been somewhat effective as well.

In brief: Not much

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Adam Smith