Can any doc tell me what's the 2nd most common cause of lung cancer?

Dr. William Galli
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Almost in order

1st cigaretts then: pipe and cigars, asbestos, radon family genes.
History of lung ca pollution. People forget radon alot for non smokers. Hope it helps. Look at the american cancer society web site.

In brief: Almost in order

Dr. William Galli
Dr. William Galli
Pathology

In brief: I say air pollution

The politically correct answer used to be radon on the homes; I remain unconvinced and many other people are deeply skeptical.
In the most terribly polluted parts of the world, I suspect health data is unreliable, so I'll go with air pollution. No reasonable person would question that asbestos greatly increases the risk in smokers. Lung scars (TB, histoplasma, sclerosis) have an unknown impact.

In brief: I say air pollution

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology