What can I do to increase my child's intelligence?

Dr. Howard Gollup
In brief: Read, read, read!
It's controversial whether "intelligence" can be improved, but you can help your child by reading, reading and reading to him/her! provide an environment rich in words and conversation; allow him/her to show their creativity in thought and action.
Help find interests and help nurture those. Keep tv watching and video games to a minimum.

In brief: Read, read, read!
Dr. Howard Gollup
Dr. Howard Gollup
3 comments
Dr. Martin Raff
Intelligence is, like athletic ability, a native inborn trait. Enhancement of the ability to utilize that effectively is another matter. There are highly intelligent people who are very low achievers and vice verse. Agree with Dr. Gollup that stimulation will allow the person to utilize their intelligence more effectively.
Dr. Kathryn Akin
Potential for intelligence is set at birth. However we know that language skills correlate well with intelligence...so; as Dr. Gollop indicating reading to your child is the one best thing you can do to promote the achievement of potential intelligence. I also recommend having conversations with your pre-verbal child. They talk to you in sentence-like jargoning and even though you do not understand what they are saying, answer back to pro mote conversational skills.
Dr. Shontae Buffington