Who does inguinal hernia repair.?

General surgeons. Inguinal hernia repair is done by mostly general surgeons, however certain general surgeons will do only hernia surgery only.
General surgeons . Usually general surgeons like myself.
General or pediatric. Surgeons. An adult with an inguinal hernia is usually repaired by a general surgeon. Infants, toddlers, & children can undergo inguinal hernia repair by a pediatric surgeon (i.e., a general surgeon for young kids). However, since there are only about 725 practicing pediatric surgeons in the U.S., & many communities do not have one, many general surgeons also do pediatric inguinal hernia repairs.