What causes male infertility if young?

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Many causes

Male infertility has many causes and accounts for 40-50% of infertility.
If you have infertility then male factors require early diagnosis. The semen analysis is only a small part of the evaluation. See a specialist soon to avoid unnecessary delays. Men benefit from an examination too. Infertility is a couples problem so always consider the partner in the context of treatment. I hope this helps.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. James Kuan
Urology

In brief: Too many thing

The causes of male infertility are vast and include really non-specific things related to lifestyle, drug / alcohol use, general health.
More complicated anatomical, genetic, hormonal causes can also be a cause. Best place is to start with pcp, maybe a semenanalysis if appropriate, then onwards to a specialist in male infertility.

In brief: Too many thing

Dr. James Kuan
Dr. James Kuan