Infectious mononucleosis = kissing disease?

Kissing. Epstein barr virus the cause of mononucleosis is spread by kissing. Once you are infected you shead virus in your saliva for 18 months, long after you've recovered.
See details. Infectious Mononucleosis (IM) = Epstein-Bar Virus(EBV) primarily spread by saliva and could stay in oorpharynx up to 18 months. But could also occurs sexually. Studies unable to discriminate EBV was acquired orally or genitally or which one has higher risks.
Mononucleosis. Yes it is also called kissing disease as the eb virus is present in saliva and can infect the kissing partner.