Which antibitic should I take if I think my wisdom impacted tooth is causinginfection--amoxicillin?

Dr. Edwin Schuller

In brief: Typically

Your dentist is the best source of that advice but Amoxicillin is typically used with no history of penicillin allergy.

In brief: Typically

Dr. Edwin Schuller
Dr. Edwin Schuller
Dr. Thomas Stelmach
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Amoxicillin

Amoxicillin is a good starting point as long as you aren't allergic to it.
You will need to see your dentist to see if your wisdom tooth needs to be extracted. You want to treat the cause of the problem not only the symptoms.

In brief: Amoxicillin

Dr. Thomas Stelmach
Dr. Thomas Stelmach
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry

In brief: See dentist instead

If your widom tooth is causing an infection, the cure is not antibiotics, .
...The cure is seeing your dentist. It might just be a gum problem around the wisdom tooth, or of course, it could be the tooth itself. Your dentist will take an x-ray, determine the cause and offer solutions. Call today.

In brief: See dentist instead

Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Arnon Rubin