Please advise how & when do the test hysterosalpingography for fertility?

Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Timed to period
It is usually done right after your period bleeding stops.
I do them myself for my patients. I place a speculum in the vagina, clean off the cervical mucous, and injection dye into the cervix for about 1-2 minutes. Most patient never even feel anything. Then i show them the x ray films and the results. So if done properly it is short and non painful.

In brief: Timed to period
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
I also recommend taking 400 - 600 mg of ibuprofen 1 hour before the procedure to reduce discomfort.
Dr. Philip Chenette
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Just after menses
Hsg is performed just after menses, day 5-9 of the cycle.
Hsg is used to diagnose tubal patency, and to investigate the health of the uterus and endometrial lining. It is commonly performed as a part of the fertility evaluation.

In brief: Just after menses
Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham