Im pregnant and get dizzy. So how do I know when my hypotension is gone away?

In brief: Home solutions

If your dizziness is related to blood pressure fluctuations during your pregnancy, you can monitor them at home with a simple wrist blood pressure monitor available at many pharmacies & durable medical supply stores.
(got one for $20) discuss your specific desired BP range with your OB doctor & keep a diary of events to share with the dr at visits.

In brief: Home solutions

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Let OB tell/help you

When pregnant, some women have blood pressure low enough to get dizzy.
Others might not eat well and could feel dizzy. There can be other causes. No matter which cause, there may be a risk to mom, baby especially if the blood flow to the baby is not adequate or the mother falls. My recommendation to a pregnant patient who told me she was dizzy has been to come to the office or l&d to be evaluated.

In brief: Let OB tell/help you

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Adam Smith