I can't stop abusing pres. Drugs. I'd like to see a doc that specializes in chemical dependency, who understands me and give proper meds but i don't know how to find one around here. I feel hopeless?

Dr. Shahid Rafique

In brief: Rehab center

You need to get into a rehab program. Find one in your area.
Government funded programs are also available.

In brief: Rehab center

Dr. Mark Weisberg

In brief: Detoxification

You will need to find a local detoxification center that will have specialized physicians to assist in the weaning process.
You can contact a general doctor for a referral or an online search. It is normal to feel helpless when going through trying times though can be a sign of depression. After detox and you continue to feel depressed or hopeless i would recommend an evaluation for depression.

In brief: Detoxification

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Serious

Glad you're asking for help.
Ask your physician, your local er, your state medical society, for names of doctors that can help you. You can call 1-888-895-2719 to reach a drug abuse helpline. Good luck!

In brief: Serious

Glad you're asking for help.
Dr. Sheila Calderon

In brief: See a psychiatrist

A psychiatrist can correctly diagnose your mental illness and help you get off the drugs you are addicted to.
She can also prescribe the drugs that can hlp you if your addiction is due to bipolar illness or other illnesses. Do not give up, do not over dose, and keep looking for a psychiatrist that can help you. Call your doctor for a referral.

In brief: See a psychiatrist

Dr. Arnon Rubin