I can feel the beginnings of a hordeolum on my lower left eyelid. Is there any OTC medication?

Dr. Rebecca Dale
Ophthalmology
In brief: Hot compresses
No otc medication is particularly helpful, but hot compresses frequently are a good first step.

In brief: Hot compresses
Dr. Rebecca Dale
Dr. Rebecca Dale
Dr. Theodore Wu
A topical antibiotic such as Bacitracin is often used to kill the bacteria overlying the hordeolum. Call your local ophthalmologist
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology
In brief: Warm compresses
Warm compresses (wash cloth with hot water and hold it on the stye for 5-10 minutes, reheating as needed), or surgical incision and drainage, or steroid have been the only effective treatments demonstrated get rid of a stye.
A stye is due to the orifice of an oil gland (mebomian gland) in the eyelid margin becoming inflamed, and not an infection, so antibiotics are not indicated.

In brief: Warm compresses
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Arnon Rubin