What is the best treatment that you've seen for hidradenitis suppurativa?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Ther is no best
Treatment, it depends on the case and how big the area involved , it is very hard to cure this problem.

In brief: Ther is no best
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Hydranitis suppurati
Treatment of this condition called hydranitis suppuratva depends on how it is presented.
In acute phases, use warm compresses, antibiotics may be indicated.Weight loss in obese patients, intralesional steroids injections, vit a suuplementation, Chlorhexidine and antibiotic soap, tumeric capsules, topical clindamycine, zinc gluconate orally, and in severe cases remicade, (infliximab) Enbrel etc.So list is long and depends.

In brief: Hydranitis suppurati
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Hidradenitis
The best treatment I have have seen is with a group of drugs called biologics.
I have used Enbrel (etanercept) and Humira with great success. The problems with these medications is that they are expensive and they are off label. Thus, i had to write the insurance company to get the drug approved.

In brief: Hidradenitis
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Hidradenitis

In brief: Hidradenitis
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher