I missed two active birth control pills and now I am on the placebo pills. My breakthrough bleeding has not come on yet, am i at risk for pregnancy?

Dr. Christina Adberg

In brief: Unfortunately, yes

Even with perfect pill use there's still a tiny risk of pregnancy, but once you start missing them, the risk goes up.
The "withdrawal bleeding" that you normally have during the placebo week would be a reassuring sign, but you could take a pregnancy test too. As long as it's been 14 days since your last intercourse, it should be accurate (first morning urine is best). Good luck!

In brief: Unfortunately, yes

Dr. Christina Adberg
Dr. Christina Adberg
Dr. Shontae Buffington