I have the following symptoms: burning feeling in my chest and stomach. Numbness, pain and abnormal sensations in the arms and legs (on the left side). Muscle weakness and aches. Is this neuropathy?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Young but not health

At your age you are expected to be healthy and well.
It looks like you have excess of stress from some source(s).You need more support from family and friends and reduce the stress in your life. You should go for daily walk every morning and gradually increase the distance upto a couple of miles of a brisk walk daily.This will help strengthen your mind and calm your nerves. You have no neuropathy.

In brief: Young but not health

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha

In brief: Don't jump the gun

Highly unusual presentation for first time neuropathy.
I'd check the obvious things first in what you've said then, move from there. Check to be sure there is no acid reflux going on which can cause everything you're saying. Makesure cardiac status is normal and then, finally look into possible reasons you may be anxious (i.e. New job? College student? Marital issues?) all the best!

In brief: Don't jump the gun

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Pain generated in the esophagus can actually stimulate (through referred pain) stimulation of the nerves which serve the arms and even refer some pain to behind the ears. This is why many people with reflux can wake up in the middle of the night with what they believe are earaches but are actually referred pains from acid indigestion.
Dr. Eric Weisman