What types of tools does an endodontist use--microscope?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Endodontic Equipment

Care standards in diagnosis and treatment of oral cavity diseases require special professional instruments, X-ray, Apex Locator and an operating microscope.

In brief: Endodontic Equipment

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: Many

Endodontists use a vast array of files, drills, and reamers to do their work.
In addition to the tools required to perform a root canal many endodontists use surgical microscopes to see much better within the tooth to locate canals, cracks, or other problems. Some endodontists even use lasers to clean out the canal and sonic irrigators to wash it clean.

In brief: Many

Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Many

I use a dental microscope on every case, from start to finish.
I also have in the office a specialized 3-d ct xray machine that further assists in guiding the care that is delivered. I wouldn't practice without either one. Other smaller items are apex locaters, ultrasonics, computer-aided delivery of anesthetic, digital photography, additional irrigation-activating devices, plus more.

In brief: Many

Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dr. Randolph Todd
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Various

The field of endodontics has undergone great changes in the past 35 years.
Some of these changes are due to the development of new metals such as nickel titanium. Properties of these metals allow for rotary files to replace hand files. Microscopes, digital x-rays and cbct have improve visualization during treatment. Improved sealers and delivery systems have improved the filling process.

In brief: Various

Dr. Randolph Todd
Dr. Randolph Todd
Dr. Allan Hawryluk
Dentistry

In brief: Several tools

Many tools are used by dentists/endodontists when doing root canals.
The dental microscope is very important for the dentist to accurately clean out the root canal. In addition, computers which measure the length of the root, and special files to auger out debris from the root canals are used.

In brief: Several tools

Dr. Allan Hawryluk
Dr. Allan Hawryluk
Dr. Andrea Brand