Confused. Wikipedia says symptoms of post nasal drip includes wheezing n difficulty breathing but why doc here says post nasal drip does not cause it?

Dr. Lonna Larsh
In brief: Post nasal drip
Does not usually cause wheezing or difficulty breathing.
Sometimes whatever is causing the post nasal drip (a cold or allergies) can also trigger asthma or reactive airways which is really the cause of the wheezing/difficulty breathing, not the post nasal drip itself. Don't believe everything wikipedia says. A lot of it is great information, but not all of it.

In brief: Post nasal drip
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh
2 comments
Dr. Bennett Werner
I didn't see Dr. Larsh's answer when I answered but I agree with her completely!
Dr. Lonna Larsh
You're welcome. I want to add that it is good to always be questioning. I said to not believe everything Wikipedia says, but it is wise to not believe everything anyone or any one source says.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Agree w/your doc
With all due to respect to dr. Wikipedia (actually an excellent source usually), i don't think post nasal drip causes bronchospasm, which is what you're describing with wheezing and breathlessness.
Those are symptoms of asthma. I would go with your doctor's opinion - in my opinion!

In brief: Agree w/your doc
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology