I've got bav working well and 45mm aorta, I am scared to death that my heart will stop or aorta bursts, can you please reassure me! im 30  years.?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Bicuspid AV

You are at risk for aortic dissection but forewarned is forearmed.
You will need an aortic valve replacement and aortic root reconstruction but timing is everything. You obviously are established with a cardiologist. Get an annual echo and stay in touch with your doc. I follow lots of folks just like you and have never lost 1. When you get to 50 mm, you should see a ct surgeon. This is routine.

In brief: Bicuspid AV

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Harris Cohen

In brief: BAV?

By bav do you mean a bicuspid aortic valve?

In brief: BAV?

Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Umesh Patel