47 male.Cardio said my heart is slightly enlarged.I had high BP and cholesterol that required meds.No longer take them due to weight loss/lifestyle changes.Now both are normal.Will my heart decrease?

Pathology

In brief: Size doesn't matter

I'm in sports training right now and my heart's big once again.
The size of the heart is not a concern. I'm an autopsy pathologist, and 100% of obese people have enlarged hearts simply from carrying the weight. Ditto if you're doing serious athletics. A large heart is no more a liability than a weight-lifter's big biceps -- it's what the enlargement is a marker for. Big or not, you've done well.

In brief: Size doesn't matter

Dr. Keshab Paudel

In brief: Please see below

Enlarged heart in your case could be due to increased muscle mass of heart due to high pressure.
If you have normal blood pressure now, the heart may get slightly smaller than over time but does not usually get to normal. But, it will not affect much to your overall health. You should be fine.

In brief: Please see below

Dr. Keshab Paudel
Dr. Keshab Paudel
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine