I was diagnosed with carparel tunnel syndrome in 1999. I have worn braces on both arms since especially to sleep. I am starting to gave more symptom?

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Go see your doc

This is not an unusual presentation.
You have been able to ward off symtoms for years but it seems to be progressing now and may be time to do more.

In brief: Go see your doc

This is not an unusual presentation.
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Injection vs surgery

Since your symptoms are getting worse now despite conservative treatment, you may need to go to the next stop.
.Possible cortisone injection. Take some otc b6 as well for 4-6 wks (25-50mg/day). Con't to wear your brace. If that not adequate, you may need surgery to release the nerve..Consult your doc for further assessment and treatment/referal etc...Good luck.

In brief: Injection vs surgery

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Surgery

You may need to consider surgery to relieve the compression on the nerve if you would like to alleviate your symptoms.

In brief: Surgery

Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Dr. Kenneth Tepper