What are the best exercises to strengthen upper and lower back/neck pain?

Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
In brief: Extension
Neck&back pain can result from repeated flexed postures-examples of this are texting, writing eating.
We are frequently in this forward bending position.This can result in disc herniations leading to pain.Repeated extension exercises can help reverse this and strengthen the back. I recommend the book "treat your own back" by r. Mckenzie. Yoga also improves strength and flexibility of the spine.

In brief: Extension
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Its difficult
Its difficult to explain in words without actually showing you or looking at diagrams.
Usually core exercises are the best to strengthen he neck and back muscles. These can be found online if you google core strengthening exercises.

In brief: Its difficult
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit