How can I help my 4 year old son with his allergies? He is constantly itchy from the pollen. I give him zyrtec (cetirizine) every nightt

Dr. Harris Cohen
In brief: Allergies
Pollen counts are rising in my neck of the woods too -- zyrtec is a good start, but i would also consider an age-appropriate nasal steroid -- see your family doctor or pediatrician for advice -- help is out there!

In brief: Allergies
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
depending on the severity of the symptoms and whether or not he tolerates nasal steroids, Singulair might be an option too.
Dr. Stevan Cordas
In brief: Itchy kid
Take him to a pediatric allergist to help identify the culprit.
It may be something other than pollen. He is not too young for immunotherapy. Some doctors provide sublingual immunotherapy though this is not approved generally in the us.

In brief: Itchy kid
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Vicken Poochikian